Google Drive provides the OCR software for free and you can use it to convert your image files to text.
Convert Images to text using Google Drive:
Before you proceed, make sure that on the image to be used, there is some text; so that it could be converted using OCR. This can also be used to convert PDF files to text for free.
Take a look at these simple steps:
- Visit Google Drive Website and login using your Gmail account.
- Now click on the New button and select File Upload to upload the image you want to convert. The image can be of any format. Here I have used a screenshot of my website homepage as the image.
- After finishing up the upload, right click on the image file and go to Open With > Google Docs.
- Now the new tab opens with the image at the top and editable text below it. You can edit the text and resize the image here.
- You can either delete the image and save the remaining text and close the tab. Now in you’ll see the Google Document with converted text beside the image file.
- Now you are all done and you can edit the image or download in PC to edit.
Points to be noted:
- Image should be less than 2 MB in size.
- Your converted text may have mistakes in it, so check it before using somewhere.
- For PDF files, only first 10 pages are converted to text. If you have a large PDF file, instead of opting for a one-time conversion, go for step-by-step conversion of 10 pages.