How to Reset lost Password of Kali Linux in just in one minute? Kali, the Linux based Operating System and Swiss army knife’s of hackers is mostly used for penetration testing nowadays. This article maybe important for penetration tester or those who are using Kali Linux for daily activity, such as ethical hacking, penetration testing, or students of information security fields.
1. Boot your Kali system and let the GNU Grub page will be appear.
2. On the GNU GRUB page select the *Advanced options for Kali GNU/Linux option by down arrow key and press enter.
3. Now simplly select the second one Recovery mode option and press E key to go to recovery mode of Kali Linux.
4. To modify it just change read only mode (ro) to rw (write mode) and add init=/bin/bash like below screenshot then press F10 to reboot the Kali Linux.
5. After rebooting the Kali Linux system, it will bring you the bellow screen in order to reset Kali Linux password.
6. To reset root password of Kali Linux system, simply type “passwd root” and hit the enter. Then type the new password twice for root user. After successfully resetting Kali Linux lost password, you will see the succeed message*password update successfully*. Well reboot the system normally and log in with newly changed password of root user.